- Individuals, Couples, and Groups
- Children, Adolescents, and Adults
- Phone and Video sessions
- Counseling for all stages of life: crisis, the process of change, the restorative times, or check-ins for maintaining healthy focus
Workshops and Seminars/Speaking engagements for churches and other organizations, as well as in office.
Treatment specialization includes:
- Sexual Abuse, Violation, or Shame (not current abuse in child clients)
- Depression and Anxiety
- Grief and Loss
- Work and Career issues
- Emotional support for those struggling with Gut health and Autoimmune issues, or those dealing with food allergies and natural/alternative dietary issues
- Post-natal/Postpartum Support for women and couples struggling with sleeplessness, balance, depression, babies with colic or chronic issues, the feeling that you're crazy, self-doubt
- Life Adjustments
- Emotional Issues
- Relational Struggles
- Pastoral and Missionary support
I work with a wide range of other issues as well. My counseling consists of processing and education, using the approach to counseling I believe will work best with your situation and needs. I weave in psychodynamic, family systems, emotion-focused therapy, experiential, gestalt, psychoeducational, and cognitive-behavioral therapies.
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Child Centered Play Therapy, Filial Therapy
- Spiritual support for those who desire to have that as part of their counseling
What is your approach to therapy?
I consider the whole person throughout the therapeutic process—body, mind, and spirit. In my emotion-focused, trauma-informed approach I use a variety of methods depending on what each person needs. I offer practical skills for coping, calming, relationship-building, communication, processing negative emotion, and personal care. We also process what is happening internally, how it relates to your life story, and how it is impacting your relationships.
Do you take insurance?
I will assist with out-of-network reimbursement. You will pay the fee at the session, then I will provide the completed paperwork to submit for reimbursement. The insurance company will then reimburse you directly. Reimbursement usually takes 6-8 weeks from the time the insurance company receives the appropriate forms.
How do you include Spirituality?
I respect where everyone is coming from on their spiritual journey. Our life experiences have a dramatic impact on our spiritual beliefs and values. I meet you where you are in that journey and will address it at the level of desire, comfort, and focus you prefer in your therapeutic process.
Some do not wish to overtly consider spirituality, and I respect that. The counseling process though, still has spiritual components as we explore issues of meaning and value.
I have worked with clients who are Hindu, Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist, Christian, and more. Within all religious backgrounds, the experience and practice of one’s beliefs vary. My spiritual approach in the therapeutic process is not about religion, but about relationship.
I believe we are all part of a grand narrative, and all play a role in this Great Story. Our counseling process focuses on meaning, value, purpose, relationship, and living more fully the way we were meant to live. I believe in your inherent value and have hope in the redemptive process of a greater power working in us. We all suffer from a struggle between our dignity (we are glorious people!) and depravity (we are also a mess). Our negative thoughts, emotions, and behaviors illuminate to us the ultimate desires we all have in us to be loved, valued, connected, and have ultimate meaning and purpose. The counseling process can enable us to reclaim our value, meaning, and purpose in that great narrative. Hope and healing enable us to move forward into the redemptive story we were made to live.